Sunday 06 April 2014
36 McGarry Street Eight Mile Plains 4113
Important Things to Know:
- Please be in attendance 10mins before your exam is scheduled to start.
- Students must know the names of the songs they are performing for the exam.
- You must bring all music for songs, even if you are playing from memory as the examiner needs to see the music.
- If you are playing your songs with a CD backing, you must bring those CDs with you. Also mark on your songs the track numbers as that will make it easier on the day.
- Most students have a choice of ear tests (aural) or sight reading. It is important that students know exactly what test they are suppose to do. If you are not sure you must check with your teacher. Please note students sitting Piano Performance exams are not required to do either.
- The examiners are very nice people and if you are not sure what they are asking you to do, just say “I don’t understand the question”, they won’t bite. Sometimes if they ask the question in a different way, you will understand.
- Students will be playing on a Grand Piano. Make sure that they know this before their exam and explain that it will be exciting and fun to play such a nice piano. Also make sure students know that every piano feels different and unique but this will not affect their exam. They will only notice at the start and once they start playing they will quickly forget about it.
- If you child has any special needs or learning difficulties please make sure the office knows and we will be able to help. The AGMED is very flexible in these situations.
- Once your exam is finished you are free to go.
- Within a few weeks, you will receive a report which tells you what mark you received and all the comments made by the examiner. A few weeks after the report you will receive your certificate.